Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Interlude

Went kite-flying yesterday at Marina South with my Dunman High kakis. Everyone was late, except for Weiqi, who've always had the sweetest patience to wait for us to arrive at our meeting point. Anyway, it was about 3 pm by the time we got to the fields. We tried flying the kite Miao brought (menacing eagle made of cloth), but to no avail. Kite just refuses to fly in unskilled hands. Like I told my friends, the last time I flew a kite was when I was five. I remember holding the ball of string in my puny little hands. I'm not even sure if the memory's real anyway; it was all blurred.

Bottomline: all of us were first-timers with kite-flying as far as we could remember. Result: Kite didn't fly. We bought another paper kite. Kite still doesn't fly. String gets entangled, and we desperately try to disentangle it, with the steamboat shop uncle constantly behind our backs asking if we wanted to eat steamboat.

Forget about steamboat. We had dinner at Sizzler's in Suntec in the end, and wrapped up the evening catching up and yakking. That sure beats kite-flying anytime.
________
Sleepy Sunday afternoons are really bad for your brains. They make you, well, sleepy, lethargic, and irritated with idleness. Not that bumming around is a bad thing, but bumming around on a hot day with the sun pouring in is just plain sickening.

I'm feeling a little disoriented, really. My internship just ended last Friday. Sundays used to be filled with chores to do in anticipation of next week's activities, but now that I don't have to iron one week's worth of working clothes, clean my shoes, pack my bag, think about what to wear etc., I suddenly feel lost, as if I've no more raison d'etre. My mind's so blank, I have to knock my head to make sure my brain's still in there.

What a whiner I am. Some people don't even have the time to be idle. Why should I be complaining? Rightly put. So I'm going to stop whining, lest I kill more brain cells doing that. I'm going to bed. Good evening and good night.

No comments: