Been intrigued by the concept of metacognition lately. The fact that the human brain can be aware of what it is doing.... that amazes me.
When I was 9 years old, I wrote a poem about thoughts. Think I wrote it somewhere in my previous blog posts, but here it is again:
Thoughts
Thoughts are in your mind
Always in your mind
When you have thoughts
You'll know you have thoughts
It seems that at the age of 9 years, I had an epiphany about metacognition. Makes me wonder at what age do kids normally develop an awareness of thinking about thinking. Most times, people think, but may not be aware of how or what they are thinking.
Hey, doesn't that make Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (CBT), with its emphasis on gaining awareness about cognitive errors, reframing, etc., a metacognitive therapy? I just had an epiphany again.
There are days that that brain of mine is working, but most days, I just think.
No comments:
Post a Comment