The countdown begins. Exactly one week from now, I'll be somewhere else, perhaps preparing to go to bed in a hotel room in Taipei. Still have so many things to buy, but so little time left. We're leaving (very) early next Sunday, and will be back the following Sunday. Am looking forward to the trip, but am also sorely disappointed that my boyfriend would not be able to join us due to work and some other commitments. I wish he was coming too. Sigh.... =(
________
Had a weird Sunday again. I was ballistic in the morning because I was overwhelmed by the huge number of things that have to be accomplished before I leave for my trip: work, travelling arrangements, schoolwork, driving stuff, etc. My boyfriend told me to take things easy, or I would be worn down very quickly. Sigh... I know all these, but sometimes, I get so fed up with all these things I have to do. I try my best to take things easy by taking one step at a time, but there are some days when everything seems to swallow you up like an unstoppable avalanche.
Am I glad that my boyfriend managed to talk me out of my ballistic madness. I wonder what I'd do without him. :)
________
My brother-in-law is in town today. He flew in from Taiwan to attend some job interviews. He's quite troubled, mainly because one of the job offers requires him to be apart from my sister for another two years. I say 'another' because they've been living apart--he in Taiwan, and she in Singapore--for the past two, three years or so.
I wonder how anyone can handle a long-distance relationship. I cannot imagine myself handling one. I think I'd be so tortured. Being separated from each other by a few hundred thousand miles would be a true test to any relationship though, and a relationship that passes this test would probably be so much more enduring.
________
I probably should talk less about relationships and matters of the heart, lest I sound too frivolous for my own liking, haha...
________
Too many thoughts.
Too much to write.
I remember when I was in Primary Two or Three, I composed a poem called "Thoughts." It goes:
Thoughts are in your mind,
Always in your mind.
When you have thoughts,
You'll know you have thoughts.
Haha. A child's innocence. I didn't know about Freud's unconscious then. If I did, I probably wouldn't write the poem like that.
Thoughts Reloaded
Thoughts are in your mind,
Always in your mind.
When you have thoughts,
You may not know you have thoughts.
But honestly, where do thoughts reside?
In the brain, front, hind, or middle side?
In the pre-front, maybe,
I cannot remember, really.
What (the heck) are thoughts anyway?
Nobody knows till this day,
Not even Freud, okay?
I can only hope and pray,
That I have really put Biopsych away.
__________
Now that it's the end of the day,
I should really go Dreamland to play.
Zzzzz...............
No comments:
Post a Comment