Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Saturday, October 09, 2004

"What's up with that?"

I think Singapore Idol is turning into a competition of upsets. I mean, what sense does it make that the few good singers in the show keep getting ousted by the likes of Christopher and Jerry, who cannot sing, period. I can only think of one good reason, and that is, they have strong support from certain communities in Singapore. No prizes for guessing what these communities are. Seriously, the standards of Singapore Idol are just way off par. Yeah, so it makes 'perfect' sense that the two weakest singers are included, so that standards become undeniably low. Wow, that's logic for you.

Well, just glad that Sylvester is going strong. I really cross my fingers and toes that he's safe from the community support that got Christopher and Jerry in. Sigh....
_____________

Glad I got that off my chest. So many upsetting things happened this week; guess it just boiled over into a tirade on the Singapore Idol competition after the upsetting results show yesterday. Well, at least I feel better now. Like they always say, "Don't sweat the small stuff." I'll just leave the unhappiness behind. :)

It's especially important because today's Daddy's birthday. My brother-in-law and second sis are treating the whole family to dinner at a restaurant in Tanjong Pagar. *yay!* That means yummy yum-yum Peking Duck for dinner tonight. Guanz will be coming along too... *double yay!* Later, Guanz and me will be going to get a small birthday cake for Daddy.

Even though I was home at Sengkang on Wednesday, I still miss my parents. I've recently felt more keenly how absolutely wonderful my family is, and that they'll always be there for me no matter what. It comforts me to know that when they're around, I'll never be left behind, and they'll always be watching out for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dad, Mom and Bro tonight. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you glad now that jerry's gone? btw, sorry for not replying to your sms... too caught up in projects and discussions =p take care! -emmy

Junz said...

Emmy: YESH!!!! I'm absolutely elated that Jerry's gone!!! I never knew I could jump so high...hehe... anyways, do take care of yourself k? Don't stress yourself out, my dear... Like I said, JIA YOU!!!! =)

Junz said...

Emmy: YESH!!!! I'm absolutely elated that Jerry's gone!!! I never knew I could jump so high...hehe... anyways, do take care of yourself k? Don't stress yourself out, my dear... Like I said, JIA YOU!!!! =)