Today is Guanz' birthday... I've made a cheesecake for him (recipe courtesy of Emmy *thanks and hugz my dear*) and also made some mayo crabmeat sushi balls with mango (the recipe is in this month's Her World), and some ham and cheese sandwiches for his birthday picnic later. Now still waiting for him to reach my place so that we can scoot off somewhere for the picnic. =)
I'm very happy today cos I made so much yummy-looking food, and things are starting to look up.. (*Thanks Mei!*) I hope that things will continue to improve... heh. Will post somemore later. Ciaoz...
(Continued on 18th December 1.14 am)
Hiya, am back from the whole birthday event! Picnic went okie enough, food was pretty yummy, but we were so stuffed after that..... hehe.... And something terrible happened to the cheesecake. Lesson learnt from today? Don't bring a cold-set cheesecake out for a picnic, at least not to a sunny place like Sentosa... (To my credit, the cake looked damned good before the heat got to it... Got picture as proof, haha...) Luckily for the cake, we managed to rush it to the "A & E" in time (my boyfren's house fridge) before it completely melted. The last I heard, it still looks pretty decent after being in the fridge for some time... :b
After the picnic, we went to Partyworld KTV at Orchard, because Guanz had been wanting to go there for some time, but we never got the chance. Today looked like the perfect day to go. Guanz was understandably stuffed and tired from all the driving, so he felt like he couldn't sing, but he still belted out the numbers with gusto... haha... Me, I tried my best to sing songs I've never sung before... I think I need to learn new songs...hah! :) After the karaoke session, we went to the Waraku Japanese restaurant in East Coast Park, and ate (again). I think the desserts there are a must must must must-try, cos they're so pretty and exquisite and yummy! Imagine, they have gelato peaches, pears and apples that look like the real thing & dark chocolate, white chocolate, vanilla, etc. desserts... *slurp* The waiters and floor managers were pretty irritating though, with their incessant loud and jarring "Irashyaimase-s." We scooted back to my sister's house in Jurong to watch "Mean Girls" on DVD to end off our day. Was a pretty entertaining movie... Good for people pooped after a whole day of hanging out... (Guess that doesn't reflect too well on the movie huh? heh.)
If you ask me, I think the best part of today's birthday celebrations was to see Guanz' eyes light up when he tore off the brown paper of his huge present and found a hard-cover Mr Incredible's poster. It's A1 size, if my memory serves me well, and it's so huge, little me had to lug it home in a cab that day I bought it. (Got him a shirt from G2000 too.) I was also delighted to see his face when he lifted the cover of the cake tray and saw the pretty cheesecake with a Happy Birthday tag stuck on it. He came over to my house yesterday and saw me pour in the filling of the cheesecake, but he didn't see the rest of what happened after that (dusting with ground cinnamon, transferring cake to pretty cake tray, removing the cling film, etc.), hence the surprise. =)
Yay, I enjoyed myself tremendously today, and I hope he did too. =)
To Guanz: Happy Birthday!!!! *Gong hei lei, Gong hei lei...*
2 comments:
you're welcome! hope you guys had fun! the food sounds yummy! ~emmy
yeah, the food sounds good! yum yum!hope he enjoyed this bday celebration! hope the kindergarten thingy went well *cross fingers* let me know k... gd or bad... :p ~Mei
Post a Comment