Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Commemorations

I can't believe I did not blog to mark the last day of my exams, so here's the make-up post. =)

Anyway, exams finished last Thursday on 2nd December. Was I glad when the clock struck 11 am, and I had to stop writing. Not that the last paper was anything better than the previous papers, but having arrived at the finishing point (at least for this semester), the feeling was just carthatic. Not even a bad paper could take that away from me. Must have been because I had slept little, if at all, the previous night. I was drifting in and out of consciousness as I pulled an all-nighter, trying to cram in as much as I could about how our mating strategies have been shaped by our ancestral environments. Sigh.

The rest of the day after 'emancipation' was spent hanging out with Guanz, and shouting Suntec's K-Box down with a medley of English and Mandarin karaoke hits. My favourite was Abba's Mama Mia.

"Mama mia, here I go again...
My my, how can I resist you..."

Yeah groovy, baby.

Also watched the Incredibles, and laughed my head off, though I kept going to the toilet cos it was too cold in the cinema. Jack-jack is sooooo cute..... But I seriously think I wouldn't want a kid who literally turns into a spitfire when it gets angry. Boy, think about all those parental control problems you're going to get when it hits adolescence!

I spent Friday slacking around in Guanz' house, watching him play Half-life 2 on PC, eating, drinking, napping, then playing somemore. Tried my hand at Burnout 2, the game that *gasps* lets you score points by taking down your opponents' cars. I must have been releasing some unresolved pent-up frustration or something, because I scored a grand total of 13 on the very first try! Even Guanz was impressed. After that, I averaged about 5. Hmm... Talk about road rage. =)

Went back to SK for the weekend for the following reasons: 1) I miss my parents; 2) I miss my parents' cooking; 3) the eager beaver (moi) wanted to drive Daddy's car. And eager beaver did manage to drive Dad's car. In fact, Daddy was pretty forthcoming with the keys. I took the entire family for a spin from SK to Tampines and back. Guanz came over for dinner that night, and we took Dad's car again to nearby Compasspoint for a short shopping trip. The next day (Sunday), I drove the entire family around for the entire morning, from SK to Bedok areas. Was able to park pretty decently, but I could do with more practice.

There! A brief run-down on things that have happened ever since exams ended. I actually thought things would be more exciting, and that I would be boogie-ing and partying my days away. Oh well.... I'll just enjoy doing nothing for now.

Watch this space for more updates! ;)

No comments: