Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Monday, November 29, 2004

In the air...

Stress and craziness that is.... Haha, been reading about it on blogs, and sensing it everywhere around school. NUS engine students are pretty hilarious when they're stressed out with studying. =)

Have taken three exams already, and the best one was the first paper, because it's 60 MCQs, and I'm taking the module as a pass/fail. I really hope I pass man. Remember to look for me for information on contraception, abortion, pregnancy concerns and diagnosis yah? I've a whole stack of notes on those and more, for any interested persons, heh. Psych exams? What a laugh. I'm ashamed to be a fourth-year psych major.

One more to go: evo psych. That one sure die one lah, totally catch no ball. Hope I can squeeze something past my thick skull in time for thursday. Whoa, totally looking forward to freedom.... oooh hoo!!!! Can't wait for my boring life involving studying, eating, sleeping, bathing and more studying to be over. The only kick I'm getting during this study period is when I drive to Fong Seng/Clementi to get food for lunch/dinner when the engine canteen's not open, or when I drive myself home. I can't wait till I can call a nice, shiny, new car my own. Somebody else would have to pay for it though, haha. I'm only responsible for driving it around.

Want to go back to sengkang, cos I want to drive Dad's car out. And I want to start eating proper food, and not toxic rubbish from the engine canteen/Macs/KFC/Fong Seng duck rice/Fong Seng Nasi lemak. And I want to stop sitting/sleeping on those benches because it's making my butt HURT!!!!! And I want to start exercising because I've put on three kg!!!! I'm fat, boo hoo.....

And I want to stop taking taxis to school. I feel a little ashamed of myself for saying this, but I've been cabbing to school for nearly a month plus now. No prizes for guessing where all my pocket money goes. I guess I bring too much stuff (laptop plus notes and textbook) to school, and that just provides external justification (eeks, social psych) for me to take cabs. A taxi uncle even asked me once, "Whoa! You bring so many stuff... Camping ah?" And you know you are cabbing around just a little too frequently when you board the same cab barely three days after taking it, and the cabbie recognises you straightaway.

My Taiwanese brother-in-law thinks Singaporeans live very sad and stressed out lives, and I cannot agree more. Haha. He gets the impression (by looking at me) that undergraduates in Singapore have it real tough for them. Double haha.

My butt hurts..... And I feel a little like Mike... Yeah, him: the green glob to your left. =b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mei here... I can't wait to put an end to the no life life too! hehe.. Can't wait for evo psych to be over! jia you!!

Junz said...

Jia you to Mei too! =) We can do it... It's the last lap liao!!!!