Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Saturday, February 19, 2005

No smoke without fire

With more than 300 fires since the beginning of the year, my lungs are beginning to feel like a smoking chimney. Yes, smoke is not only getting into my eyes, it's also getting into my lungs, nose and mouth. I can't believe that with smoke this thick, the PSI is still miraculously at healthy levels. I'm inclined to think that it must be a cover-up to prevent public panic. Luckily for us all, it began to rain today. We'd better pray for more rain lest we wind up becoming smoked turkeys and salmon. How about a Rain Dance? (Flashback: RJC Orientation Camp...)

Okie, I sound half-crazed, if not totally. Can't blame me, had coffee too late, and have stress levels that are perfect for screwing up the chemical balance in my brain. Doesn't really help that I've been too nua for too long, and as a result, my brain is not chugging fast enough.

Oh, the Budget came out today (or technically, yesterday). Don't really understand what everything means, but at first glance, it seems to me they're really serious about getting us all married and pregnant. Also seems to me that they're going to squeeze civil servants dry, though Mindef officers can sit easy since their ministry is the only one that won't get the 3% budget cut. IMHO, the ministers' paychecks should take a budget cut too. I mean, shouldn't they lead by example???

Will probably read some ST report tomorrow (or rather later today) about the Budget, and try to make sense of it and muster whatever meagre economic knowledge I've left if I need to. Not that I'm really interested; I'm just wondering what the fuss is about.

Politically-apathetic youth signing off.

No comments: