In case anyone is wondering whether I'm referring to my sexual orientation, let me assure you all that I'm still very much into guys--or in this case, ONE guy.
I was referring to my hair.
Bimbo newsflash #1: After one year of talking/whining/pondering/wondering/asking about it, I decided to take the plunge and CURL MY HAIR. In case anyone can't understand what the big fuss is, let me explain that I've had straight hair all 23 years and 9 months of my life (gosh, am I that old already???). In fact, I've had it 'soft straightened' once. I couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror once the curlers were off. What have I done?
Bimbo newsflash #2: I bought my most expensive pair of shoes today. It's just normal 'going-out' pink genuine leather ballet pumps that cost me $69.90. From Primavera in Junction 8. I have been going on a shoe spree lately. Good therapy, bad for pocket. What have I done?
Not-so-bimbo newsflash #3: I have three reports due by Tuesday next week, and I'm still happily shopping away my precious weekends. What was I thinking?
Totally-not-bimbo newsflash #4: I'm going to be promoted soon. I wish it was in my job, but really, who gets promoted in civil service after 3 and a half months on the job unless you're some hotshot? I was referring to my becoming an auntie soon (curly hair not included). My eldest sister is due to give birth to my baby niece anytime in the next one/two weeks. Although the birth will take place in faraway Ontario, Canada, it's still nice to know that I'll no longer be one of the babies in the family. Wow. What am I going to do?
Curly-haired auntie-to-be with imminent deadlines and pink ballet pumps signing off.
2 comments:
Hah! Curly-haired aunty-to-be. Why am I thinking of Phua Chu Kang and Rosie Phua? *giggles*
-saj-
saj, that was a really funny comment! Junlin, i can't wait to see u in ur new curled hair! :)
Post a Comment