Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Saturday, May 20, 2006

My Solace

Haven't blogged in a long time. Since the last post, I've gone on my first shopping-only trip with my gal pals and giggled and shopped myself silly. It was great fun, but a little too short. I think I need another holiday.

I don't know what I've been doing to offend people. Today, I felt acutely my lack of experience in navigating a highly politically sensitive work environment with so many hidden traps around every nook and cranny. It's like being sick all week made me extra sensitive to the "meaningful" looks and little knowing nods. It's not very funny at all especially because the upstairs has hinted at my lack of "political correctedness" and perhaps my "over-friendly" mannerisms towards my superiors. Honestly, it appears that my personality does not fit in with their ideal of a good employee, and honestly, I'm beginning to feel really miserable in my job. Suddenly, it's no longer about my job performance or my working abilities. It's about me. What can I say? I can't change my personality overnight. I must say my belief in myself has taken quite a beating lately. I think I badly need a break from all the nastiness in the office. Or maybe I need a break from myself.

2 comments:

emmy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emmy said...

chin up, girl! my confidence hasn't been that great lately either, but one way of therapy is to find some cockroaches to crush (not literally, but figuratively)... a big hug for you. and yeah, i'll gladly go for retail therapy with you girls! =)