Wow. Yet another year has passed. And what a year it has been for me. =)
I got a new job. I'm in transition to a new status. I also got tonnes poorer, spending whatever savings I had on wedding-related stuff. Sigh. Why can't I be born with the perfect figure AND perfect skin so that I can SAVE so much more? =b
But the first day of the new year should not be spent lamenting your own limitations. I wonder what is it about the new year and resolutions, but I suppose most people think of the new year as a brand new start. So people start making wishes and having hopes about what the new year would be like. I'm not going to be an exception.
For me, 2008 is the year that I cross over from official singlehood to official marriagehood. My wish for 2008 is thus for everything to go smoothly. (And I'm not just talking about the day itself, but the transition from being daughter to wife and daughter-in-law.) I hope for better health too, as I've been constantly sick with flus (stomach or not) last year. I hope that everything will go well career-wise, especially as I take on new responsibilities and as new challenges that will definitely come my way get thrown onto my path.
2007 was a year of reflection for me. I found myself wondering about many things at many points in time--about relationships, about my career, about me as a person. I'm thankful that my new job as a psychologist has given me the time and the perspective to reflect on my craft and how I've been helping my clients; on my skills and whether I need to further develop them. The job has also provided much practice at being a more sensitive, humane and considerate human being. I can't say that I'm a much better person today than I was yesterday (believe me, there are certain disadvantages of being over-analytical and over-sensitive), but at least there were some opportunities for growth and development in an overall positive direction... For that, I'm grateful. I hope that I will stay reflective in 2008 and continue to have the time to think about the various aspects of my life, and continue to try my best to do good.
And I must say a huge thank you to my friends (and yeah, you know who you are). As I prepared for my wedding, I realised that true friends are such blessings. It's not just about the assistance I got in the course of the preparation, but also about having true friends share in your joy and be truly happy and excited for you. Now THAT, is genuine friendship.... Thank you, peeps! I'm truly grateful for all your friendships to me. =)
Yes, let us usher in 2008 with thanks in our hearts for a good year before, and hopes and wishes for the new year to yield even better.
Happy New Year to everyone reading this! =)
1 comment:
Yeah! I hope 2008 would continue to be a good year for you, esp as you transit into your new roles! Def hope to always be an encouragement :) Looking forward to our days out while u are still Miss! hehe
Post a Comment