Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Be careful what you wish for

I think on the very first day of 2008, I sounded upbeat and positive about how the new year would turn out career-wise. Something about being able to cope with the challenges that would definitely get thrown my way. I guess I shouldn't have said that--I should have wished for a relaxed, happy and peaceful 2008 career-wise.

Maybe I was trying to do too many things within a span of two years--change a job, get married. I mean, with comments that insinuate that you're not doing your job even though you put in 101%, there must be something I'm not doing right. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten married and taken nearly three weeks' worth of leave to prepare--that'll leave me more time for therapy sessions right? Maybe I should have just slogged my guts out for unappreciative colleagues and sacrifice my lifelong happiness. Maybe, just maybe.

Sigh. Just be careful what you wish for. I'm going to pray hard for a easy life now. No more challenges for me. I'm tired... Looks like it's time to explore options.

2 comments:

emmy said...

*hugs* take care dear! you know you can give any one of us a call if you need to talk =)

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's what friends are for! :) *hugs* gal... one hug from each of us and it'll last you a week! :)