Just a short message for Saj: Hey, everyone's talking about the Australian Open over here! But it's so hot, I just want to stay at home... Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of tennis too... Am looking forward to the F1 Grand Prix at Melbourne in March though... =] I hope I get to go...
______________
Happy Lunar New Year!
Had a small reunion dinner on CNY eve together with hubby. I made bak kut teh and steamed some prawns for dinner. It was yummy, though I would very much be wanting to tuck into my dad's Hainanese Chicken Rice. Any plans to cook Hainanese Chicken Rice for CNY eve were ruined by the fact that I couldn't find any pandan leaves for sale anywhere in Melbourne. When I ask the grocers, they stare back at me with blank faces as if I was speaking nonsense. And these were Asian grocers, mind you...
No one seems to celebrate CNY here, so I tried to make the mood more festive by getting creative and making some decorations for the apartment using the ang pows I brought over from Singapore. The apartment looked a little bit prettier with dashes of red around. Since I couldn't really paste anything on the walls, I was just limited to laminated surfaces, e.g., wardrobe, kitchenette counter, door, etc. I also made (and my hubby hung) mini lanterns on the ceiling from the fire sprinklers! hehe...
Met up with Clara today. Am really glad to be able to meet an old friend in a foreign city. We talked, chatted and she came by my apartment. Just happy that I have a friend that I can trust in Melbourne. =) Will probably take the subway to visit her when she settles into her new place. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment