Whew, what a week!
On Monday (18th Jan), got up bright and early at 5 am to send Daddy Tan to the airport cos he was going to Shanghai for his Industry Studies Attachment as part of his MBA programme. Daddy Tan was a tad sian because later that morning at 8.30 am, I was going for my OSCAR screening test for Down Syndrome, and he wouldn't be able to come along with me. He was hoping to meet baby again (via ultrasound). Of course, being by himself on the plane was not exactly an exciting prospect.
The OSCAR screening test went smoothly. Baby was really cooperative, although he (and me!) had to endure the sonographer jabbing at my stomach not once, but twice, so that he could turn his head slightly in the correct direction. Baby was growing fast. Just last Wednesday (13th Jan), he measured 6.3 cm long; by Monday, he was nearly 7 cm! =) I'm so glad that he is growing nicely. All in all, I took only half an hour to finish the screening; I was there at 8.30 am, and left Thomson Medical Centre at 9.00 am.
Then, went shopping with my mum-in-law on Tuesday, but had a health scare that day, cos I went home and felt really dizzy every time I got up from a sitting or lying down position. BP that day wasn't good; I might've walked a bit too much that day.
Then on Wednesday night, I went for a dinner gathering with ex-colleagues and good friends, where I discovered to my delight that one of them was also expecting her second child! I was very happy catching up with them, and also showed them my ultrasound scans.
On Friday, I accompanied my mum-in-law to her mum's place, where she had to see to some matters. Then, mum-in-law and I went shopping at Taka, where she got a bag that she has been wanting to get for some time. I then went to my sister's place, where my family was having a dinner gathering. I played with my 11-month-old niece and had a go at feeding her, as part of "training" to become a mummy, haha! I also sorted through my niece's clothes which she wore when she was a newborn, and lugged home two bags of barang barang. Looks like I can save some money on buying new clothes for Baby, especially for the newborn period, although I still want to buy some cute clothes for Baby.
Today (Saturday), I attended my good friend's church wedding. It was held at the Church of the Holy Trinity in Tampines. I got there just in the nick of time, and was moved by the simple yet touching ceremony. Am happy that she's happily married now! =)
All in all a great week, although I still haven't done my thesis stuff, haha! I REALLY have to get round to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment