Wow. My blog has been much neglected, haha. I haven't blogged in more than a year.
I think post-birth, my life has been so busy, I have hardly had time to think, let alone blog. Plus, Facebook has been providing a really fun and interactive way of letting my friends know how I am doing, hence eliminating the need for me to type lengthy blog posts about my often miserable life. And Facebook takes much less time!
Anyway, being back in Melbourne is making me a little.... bored? That's odd, cos I should be awfully busy with my studies and all, but as usual, I am the GREAT procrastinator. Just don't really want to study, or I get bored doing readings. In fact, now that I have my mother to help me out with things at home, I prefer to spend time playing with my kid than study. NO GOOD AT ALL, haha! Hopefully, I will and should get busier once my practicum and research project data collection is sorted out. Wonder what I'll say in my next blog post by then. >.<
Re-reading the old blog posts has made me remember how much I love writing, and how much I depend on it to help me express my feelings, especially the bad. And how much I depend on blogging as a coping mechanism at difficult points in my life. I am glad that I documented my thoughts during my pregnancy, for example. These are important 'records' to show my daughter one day.
Speaking of my daughter, it's interesting to observe a huge silence on this blog after she turned 3 months old. I guess I have been SOOOO busy with motherhood and its associated tasks and challenges, I haven't had time to write. And so here are some updates:
1) She is now nearly 2 years old... She will be two this coming July.
2) She is starting to put words together to make phrases now, a far cry from the days when she was just a cooing baby.
3) These were her milestones (I wrote them down somewhere, and am trying to remember off the cuff, so there are probably inaccuracies).
3 months: Able to raise her neck while lying on her tummy.
4 months: Started being able to sit up a bit.
5 months: Started flipping over; started her weaning off milk. First semi-solid was organic rice cereal mixed with EBM. She started yelping and whining for more after the first taste in the bumbo seat.
6 months: Able to sit unassisted; starting to want to crawl
7-8 months: Able to crawl quite well.
9-10 months: Able to pull herself to standing
10-11 months: Started cruising (holding onto things and walking). First word: Papa at 11 months.
13.5 months: Started walking.
15 months: Vocabulary of about 50 odd words. (Since then, I have lost count).
16 - 17 months: Started putting two words together to make short phrases.
17 months to current: Able to say four-word phrases and make simple requests (e.g., Mama, check poo poo; Mama, take; Mama, water; Where's jia jia? (home))
There. Wrote all this down somewhere. Hopefully I will be able to record more milestones here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment