Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Opening night

It has actually been quite a while since I started thinking about what I'd write for the first entry of my very first blog. In fact, I even imagined what it'd look like. Now, I'm simply at a loss for words. Perhaps it's late and I'm tired. Or perhaps, I'm not quite sure how blogging works. I'm really hoping my first entry would turn out all pretty and nice, cos I'm not seeing that now. To seasoned bloggers, please pardon my ignorance. I'm a newbie at this. =)

I don't really know what motivated me to get a blog. Partly peer pressure I guess, because I see my blogger friends having tremendous fun with their blogs (and I thought to myself, gee, I need some of that). But I think more probably, it's because I love writing. Not exactly writing in the academic, topic-sentence-substantiation-reiteration kind of manner, but writing as a form of personal expression, all laidback, comfortable musings.

Funny thing is, I can't seem to figure out what blogging 'style' I'd want for myself. Is my blog going to be like my schedule book, or is it going to be discussive, inspirational, contemplative? Or maybe all that rolled into one? It's like I'm having an identity crisis of some sort, just not so serious lah. Actually, who cares? My blog will just be the way it will be, just like my moods.

A toast to a great tool for personal expression: blogging! =) Now, did I say that I was at a loss for words? Hmm...

No comments: