Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Surprise at the end of the day! =)

Nothing beats going home at the end of the day and seeing a little something for you on the table. Today, I got home and surprise! There was a bright orange card on my table, all the way from UK. I recognised Mel's handwriting straightaway. =) Thanks gal, for your card! It definitely brought a big bright orange smile to my face. Really must catch up when you get home, yah? =b

I finally finished writing one of the papers! Well, almost... Still got one little part I'm contemplating whether to put in or not...Been working hard for the past few days so that I could finish this paper by today. =) Actually, work so far has been pretty all right (not so much emotional labour, so dun worry about me, Mel! ;) And I don't have any charges to handle, not quite qualified yet, heh.) Still, the internship has really made me question whether I'd be able to handle direct work. When I saw the girls at the juvenile home, I wondered whether I'd be able to deal with these girls one or two years down the road. I think, quite sadly, that my varsity education hasn't equiped me with the skills to handle direct work. I would definitely need to do post-graduate, I think.

I'm also wondering whether I am mentally strong enough to handle all that emotional stress from doing casework. Some of the cases I've heard are really very sad and depressing. I guess like my colleague says, after a while, you just get used to it and it won't actually bother you too much. That's a little sad (for it almost sounds like he's lost his sense of empathy for others), but from another perspective, that's just being professional. To look on the bright side of life, I guess doing direct work will make me a stronger and more self-assured person. Anyway, I still have a year more to go before I graduate, so I'll worry then. Meanwhile, as Mel says, I'd relax and enjoy the simple things in life, like the companionship of my family, boyfren and all my friends, and doing ditzy things.

Talking about doing ditzy things, I literally "chi cuo yao" (ate the wrong medicine) today. I was in a hurry to get to work and I grabbed what I thought was the packet of medicine for my sore throat. In my haste, I grabbed the wrong packet, and ended up eating cold medicine instead. I even ate twice the recommended dosage, and wounded up feeling crappy and incredibly drowsy the entire day at the office. I would have sucked on the paracetamol tablets thinking they were throat lozenges too. Luckily for me, I was alert enough to notice that the lozenges weren't the right colour (white).

Argh... I can't wait for the weekend! Shrek II, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: