Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

I know my birthday was three days ago (16th January), but I wanted a birthday post so that I'd remember what happened on my 23rd birthday. Remember that thing about uploading my memories somewhere? Same principle applies...=)

On that day, I woke up really late. Like 11 plus or 12 plus, cos I was really tired out the day before. I had gone to the Australian uni fair with psych gang and emmy, and we were lugging heavy prospectuses around. So tiring! haha.... And I ended up feeling too stuffed at the Pariss buffet in Tampines, not least because I ate a lot at the buffet, but also because I was greedy and had a very generous slice of chocolate banana cake at The Forum's (Orchard that forum) Secret Recipe with the gals before going for the buffet. =) But I never hiam if I have too much to eat, so even though I felt like a Christmas turkey, I still went to bed with a big fat smile on my face.

The next day was the "all-important" B-day, and I had no idea where I was going up till the very last minute. And I mean till the very last minute, because I only knew where I was going till I got there. Guanz took me to Raffles Marina in the Tuas area for my B-day celebration. It was very special, because 1) I had never gone to a marina in my life; and 2) I was there for the first time with him! =) I also liked the fact that there were so many yachts and nice boats berthed there that day, and we could all ogle and point at which boat we liked best, haha.... I also liked the sea breeze, and the very nice seaview! Unfortunately, because there was some bourgeoisie private function that day (apparently to launch a new boat named Rascal), we couldn't get to sit at the outdoor patio of the coffeehouse while having dinner. Nonetheless, the entire experience was great. =)

Guanz gave me prezzies that I was planning to get for myself on my birthday. So imagine my surprise when I opened his presents to find a) the Urban and Co top I wanted to get for Chinese New Year and b) my multivitamin pills from GNC which I had been deliberating about for quite a while since they were so darned expensive. It was really sweet of him to have noticed all these things I've been talking about, and it was especially sweet cos I really never expected him to notice these things. =) He also printed out a collage of all our photos over the years, and let's just say that we've come quite far. =)

After the dinner, we went to Jurong Point to shop at Giordano (birthday got discount mah!), but we didn't see anything we fancied. Instead, I went next door to OP to get myself a pair of pants (also for Chinese New Year; so now I'm done with CNY shopping!!!). We walked around for a while, and then decided to head home early cos we all had early morning classes the next day.

So that sums up the birthday celebrations. It was actually quite a quiet birthday I spent with Guanz, but it was extra special for some reason I don't know yet. =)

Now that we're on the topic, I was also very touched that day to receive birthday wishes from so many friends, even a long lost primary school classmate. Thanks people, (and quoting Yimei) you know who you are! =) Really appreciate all the wishes...

Special special special thanks to psych gang and emmy for celebrating our birthdays on the 14th, and taking the trouble to get our presents and all that...=) Life in NUS would just not be the same without you gals *hugs* Thanks for your Reds vouchers and pinky hippopo! Now seeing hippopo would remind me of all of you... haha.... =)

Thanks to Mel too, for specially remembering my birthday, and getting me a unique present even though you were flying off on the 14th. Hopefully, I'd be able to drop by Cam to visit you... Hope you're reading this, heh. =)

And before this post starts to sound like a mini Star Awards thank-you speech, I would also like to say how much I appreciate my parents and siblings for being there with me and for me all this while. =) Special thanks to Bro for getting me Ken Hirai's CD... You have no idea how meaningful this gift is to me. In usual 'big sisterly' kind of fashion, I'm going to say how proud I am of you as a sister, and that I have faith and confidence that you're going to grow up to be a fine young man. Go for it brudder!!!

Herein endth my speech. =)

No comments: