Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Friday, January 07, 2005

What do I want for my birthday?

Today is a happy day cos the whole bunch of us--aiyah you all know who you are lah--went to the Meiji factory in Boon Lay to get yummy Meiji stuff at low low prices!!! With the start of school looming large over us, this is probably the best consolation we can get. At least we have yummy Meiji stuff to eat when we start Hist and Systems on Monday... Unless we finish them up over the weekend, haha... =)

Happy days like this make me talk a lot. *Sorry people, if I talked too much just now. Just really excited to see everyone! =)* Happy days like this also make me day-dream a lot, like dreaming about what I'll be doing in Europe in May (even though it's not confirmed I'm going); day-dreaming about my nice new car (I dun even know what it's supposed to be--for now, it's a blurry figment of my imagination); day-dreaming about earning $$$ when I start work; day-dreaming about wearing pretty working clothes and shoes (like Yimei's!) to work... And the list goes on... I wish every day is a happy day, but sometimes, the grind of work just makes things look so gloomy...

Even the imminence of my birthday can't quite get me over the gloom. In fact, the prospect of me turning 23 adds to the gloom... 23 sounds old, looks old, and feels old. Doesn't help that immediately after my birthday, it's non-stop work for another 3 and a half months. =(

Saj asked what we (I mean Yimei and me) want for our birthdays. The answer is: I don't know (I speak for myself). Which is surprising, cos I do want a lot of things: clothes, shoes, bags, a nice new car, contact lenses, perm my hair, dye my hair, straighten my hair (can't have straight and permed hair together at once, so I'll have to resolve that :b), regular facials, money, manicures/pedicures, a good job, a good degree, a terrific complexion, etc, etc, etc. But to me, I've always thought about these things in terms of me putting in effort and getting them for myself, e.g., earning enough money to pay for my own car, contact lenses, various hair jobs, facials, studying hard enough to do well in my studies and get a good job. Otherwise, as presents or favours, I feel like I don't deserve these things--dunno if it makes sense. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I know what you mean... cos the first thought was also "I dunno" even though I want alot of things! haha.. it's like, I wonder if it even sounds right to wish these for my birthday yah?? :) thanks for liking my shoes! I like them too! though I wish they are abit more comfy to walk in.. gotta "break them" like you said. :) Mei

Junz said...

Hee, slowly lah, shoes like these need time to break in... Yimei, we're turning 23 very very soon... argh.... =)