Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Monday, April 04, 2005

Cold, dark and wet = SAD

My face now looks like I've been bitten by lots of mosquitoes: the result of having just gone for a facial and enduring some 20 minutes of getting my blackheads squeezed out by the beautician.

Anyway, just thought I wanted to thank some of you for the congratulatory comments on my blog about having handed up the thesis. =) Thanks girls! I know I haven't been the best of a friend to all of you, so I'm really lucky to be surrounded by good friends who keep me grounded and sane. As they always say, "Friends are like gifts from God."

It is actually a rather gloomy day today: cold, dark, and wet. It's no wonder people get Seasonal Affective Disorder--aptly abbreviated as SAD--during winter, which I imagine is also cold, dark and wet, only worse.

Perhaps the terrible weather today is an allegory for the sadness that has blanketed the entire world due to the passing on of the Pope. The kind of effects his passing on has on people is nothing short of amazing. Ordinary folk, Catholics and non-Catholics alike, are all touched, aggrieved and moved by the news, and nobody will disagree that the world has just lost one stalwart of peace. I guess only one Chinese phrase can explain the effects he has on people: "Yi3 De2 Fu2 Ren2," which basically means that he has won the respect of many because he is such a virtuous man.

I seriously think his successor might have some difficulties filling his shoes.

No comments: