Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Journey

Lyrics and tune: Corrinne May
Sung by: Angela Zhang Shao Han
It's a long, long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long, long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long, long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong

I know I will falter I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long, long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through?

Cause it's a long, long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on calvary
Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
Cause it's a long, long journey
Till I find my way home to you...to you.
_______________

I wish I could sing this song to everyone after I finish my last final exam paper on 6th May at MPSH1, but that'll mean having to sing in a gigantic hall with no acoustics save for a lousy mike and even lousier speakers. Nonetheless, it'll be a memorable and symbolic way to wrap up this chapter of my life at NUS and look forward to the longer journey that awaits me now.

Have been feeling rather emotional and sentimental lately, and I keep wanting to sing as a way to express all these funny weird emotions I'm experiencing. Over the years, music and singing has become an integral part of me. Someday, I hope to be able to sing to many people and touch them with my singing. Unfortunately, I can't think of any occasion where that's possible, except maybe at my wedding where I get to be the star for one night only. Thus, this is probably a dream that I can only secretly harbour and occasionally indulge in at K-Box.

But sometimes, karaoke singing is just not quite the same. I wish I could have the courage to pursue my dream of becoming a professional singer, but I'm always plagued by self-doubts and practical considerations. I actually don't think I have what it takes to rake in the big bucks, nor the personality/looks/talent to let singing be my sustainable career. And I'm way too practical to give up everything and put my life on hold, just to watch myself flip and flop in the music industry.

As such, singing will forever remain only a dream.

No comments: