Haven't blogged in quite a while, cos I was busy with work. Yes, I started work on 1st June 2005, and am now officially a civil servant.
Been trying to settle in the last few days (which was pretty okie, cos I worked there before), but suffered a few knocks to my head cos I wasn't used to my workstation's configuration. The first three days at work was spent getting administrative stuff done, attending meetings and training. As of now, my email is up, as is my LAN user account, but I still need to get my staff card done, and my namecards printed. Also need to settle some financial stuff and my medical. And yes, I'm looking forward to getting my telephone up and running by Tuesday, although I won't be in office then.
Yes, training: something I really need, especially for casework management. We haven't really learnt much of that at school (unlike the social workers), and I'm a little apprehensive but excited about doing ops work. I really hope I live up to my bosses' expectations of me.
And I'm really suffering from lack of $$, especially cos working clothes are so darned expensive. Over at my workplace, we place a lot of emphasis on looking professional, so it's a matter of time I get a suit or two for work. As of now, I only have one black jacket, and a white suit my sis gave to me (and for which I need to lose weight in order to fit in).
It's really tough to be starting out with nearly nothing, and yet having to look nice at work. Sigh.
1 comment:
Which govt sector are you working in now? Hope you're having fun at work and are enjoying working life! -Huixin
Post a Comment