Two days after I write about "A Beautiful Mind," I write about "An Idle Mind." Mine, that is. Like they always say, an idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Not that I've been up to no good. I've been up to nothing, really. Just twiddling my thumbs at home, helping my mom occasionally, and going shopping. Been fretting about the dumbest things, like the ugly patch of rough skin on my left ankle, my hair, what to wear out--can you believe that I've gone from geek to bimbo in just a few weeks? And I'm paranoid about getting some kind of lymphnodes disorder cos my cheeks look a little swollen. Or they could be just fat, since I've put on loads of weight ever since exams ended. You get the point.
I've also been fretting about money issues. The trip to Italy completely cleaned me out, and I've scarcely enough left to buy myself a new outfit for the all important First-Day-At-Work. I reckon the day is coming soon, but thus far, nothing has been confirmed. Everything is dependent on the other important The-Day-My-Exam-Results-Are-Released, which is imminent.
Am supposed to act as an unpaid RA-of-sorts for my second sis, but the general lethargy of post-exams is resulting in excessive inertia. In fact, I'm really too lazy to do anything, except be the Couch Potato who watches Triple Nine reruns. I would love to give my two cents' worth on the acting in the show, but I don't want to be sued for passing derogratory remarks on people. No, not after the recent spade of incidents in which young scholars have been hauled up for passing irresponsible remarks on their blogs. I don't think anyone would target me, since I'm not a scholar and only spend my Dad's money, but one can never be too careful in a public space like the Internet.
This is especially so after a mysterious person left a comment on my previous post (which I have so diligently and politely responded to). Wish someone would own that comment so I would at least know whether it's a friend or a stranger I'm dealing with. Then again, it's the cloak of anonymity the Internet provides that makes it so popular eh? You can be 19/F/Singaporean one day, or 100/M/Martian another, and no one would even have a clue. Of course, when you start pretending to be someone else every other day, you're either very imaginative, or you need a life.
2 comments:
Oops, sorry, that was me. I forgot to leave my name. Have been writing up my FYP and didn't check your blog in the past few days. Hope you haven't lost sleep over it! My FYP rocks man. I'll be sorry to see it end. -mel
Hee, no worries... Haven't lost sleep over it at all. =) On the contrary, have been shopping for my working clothes. =) Good luck for the FYP, and glad to see that everything seems to be working out fine. =)
Post a Comment