It's that hour of the night when everyone should be sleeping except for those working on night shifts, clubbing, pubbing, chatting on the phone with friends, doing unlawful stuff, etc. Entertaining sudden evil thoughts of calling my kids up to check on them, but I shall refrain tonight and focus my energies on blogging for a change. Unfortunately, I am once again in that unenviable position of having to wait for my precious locks to dry before I hit the sack (I bathe late).
Since my last blog post, Chinese New Year had whizzed past in a jiffy, and it was surprisingly bearable, save for a tiny detail-I was down with a flu. Not that it's a bad thing entirely--afterall, it gave me the perfect legitimate excuse to not do the work that (in my colleague's words) was 'ta pau-ed' home and instead, catch up on sleep, rest and reading. =)
Ah yes... Reading. I have recently rediscovered the joys of reading after years of reading only academic articles and books examinable for literature papers. Reading is more fun eh, if you don't have to dissect the allegories, themes and symbolisms in the book(s) and somehow weave those into intelligent and coherent essays? Allegories, themes and symbolisms are good only if they don't need to be put down on pen and paper for people to judge whether you are truly smart or not. (Although I must say, it does something good for your self-esteem if you're able to nail that theme or dramatic fallacy and have your teacher concur.)
Ok, I'll stop being evil and quit passing sarcastic remarks about exams and grades... But, talking about evil, I can't help but wonder whether it was some not-so-saintly aura that had descended upon the office the past week. So many nasty things have befallen people in the past week that I can't help but wonder if a spell had been cast. (There are OTHER plausible, less supernatural and more mundane reasons of course, but THIS is hardly the place to comment.)
Let's hope that as the year turns another week old, all evil thoughts will be banished to the darkest corners of everyone's mind (wherever that may anatomically be) and there'll be world peace. Cue: Awww.........
No comments:
Post a Comment