Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunburnt

Argh. After spending nearly the entire morning and afternoon at the zoo in the hot sun, I'm sunburnt in the ugliest way. I have a watch tan, a sleeve tan, and only the top half of my arms are burnt. Luckily I tend to be quite covered up at work. Really don't want to look half-baked tomorrow. Yikes. Like I don't look ugly enough. =)

---

It was quite an ok day, but it started out rather nasty. I have been having a REALLY REALLY REALLY nasty week [except for Valentine's Day, which was very enjoyable :)] and getting a lot of flak. So today was really quite the last straw. Lost my temper a couple of times at people, and I do feel rather guilty about it. But I have enough of sh** from people ordering me around like I'm their servant.

Luckily I managed to tour the zoo with some colleagues and we had quite a bit of fun. The animal kingdom may have its fair share of politics, but human politics are like... mind-boggling. Intially, of course, everyone tries to ignore them (I, for one, carefully avoid stepping into landmines), but when you unfortunately and unwittingly get caught in the crossfire, it is rather difficult to not end up feeling cynical. Well, if there's one thing good, I'm now pretty good at positive self-talk. =) That'll help, I guess, when I try to teach my kids the same skills.

Okie, I'm off to nurse my leg cramps. Yeps, this is the first time I had such bad leg cramps in my life too.

Oh, but life's still great, lah. Really. =]

No comments: