
It's a peaceful Saturday morning, and I woke up feeling rather reflective.
Been feeling this way for a few weeks now, no less because I've got some pretty important decisions to make on where I'm going to be next year. (By the way, next year is happening in a few months' time.)
You see, the Husband and I are planning to go overseas to study next year, and we've been flipping back and forth about the destination. The toss-up is between the US and Australia, and for many weeks till now, the choice had been pretty clear: the US. However, recently, we began serious discussions about family planning for our future brood. Going to the States is going to delay trying for and having a brood for about a year, since my course there is going to be 3 years. And yes, the biological clock ticks away. Another factor is also the fact that the Husband's course is just going to be 2 years, or even a little less; so what's he going to do in the last year there?
The decision is difficult because I'm torn between a life-long dream to study in America and family priorities. However, I'm a family person, so naturally the decision would be one that places priorities on that. So after much discussion and thought, we've finally decided to try for both places, but naturally the chances of getting Australia is higher, simply because the offers, if any, are going to come earlier. There are, of course, quite a few pros to Australia: nice weather, nearer to home, less expensive fees (I think), less convoluted application process, comparable postgraduate training, shorter course duration, amongst some. In short, Australia is really not a bad choice at all when it comes to choosing where you want to go for post-graduate education.
At the end of the day, wherever I go, it's most important that the Husband wants to and is going to be there together with me. And wherever he goes, it's important that I, as the Wife, wants to and is going to be there with him.
And that is going to be the single most important factor of where we eventually end up studying. No matter where it's going to be, it'll have to be the same place. That's all that matters.
2 comments:
Nice new look! Really sophisticated lah, Mrs Tan... No more the cutesy Miss Sai. Hee. All the best with choosing your course and inevitably life path.. Btw, I think the blog can do without the youtube videos...
Yeah Junlin, I like this new look.. not that the other wasn't suitable.. but yeah.. our numbers are increasing. Felt so comforted reading ur blog. i dunno why. :p
Post a Comment