Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

News over videos, work versus studies?

So I've responded to a good friend's suggestion to remove the videos. Have put in news articles instead. Let's try that out for a while, and see how it works out.

_________

I'm on leave for the next three days. It's the school holidays, and I need a break to rest, gather my thoughts and run lots of errands. Quite unfortunate that there's plenty of stuff to do when I get back to work though. Still, who ever finishes work right? :b

One thing is for sure: I am really looking forward to getting back to school. Badly need intellectual stimulation of the academic sort. Was reading some papers and essays I did in the fourth year of university, and realised how smart I sounded then. I don't even know what I was talking about; I can't even believe that I could write all that! Makes me wonder if working had made me duller. For someone who is looking to get back to school, I sure hope not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll have a good rest! And yeah, sometimes i read back on what I wrote, and I think "Wow, how did I ever write that!" =)

sajlia said...

Same here! I figured that I'm full of one-time wonders (write a paper and all the knowledge and info disappears upon handing it up). Hahah, the wonders of the young brain...
Going back to school after working is fine lah... Junmei and I are surviving just ok. I think the good thing is that we are mature enough to manage our time better, the bad thing is that the brain and body doesn't have enough stamina to catch up with the mind! Sighs...