Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Seeing our baby for the first time

Last Wednesday, 16th December 2009, Hubby and I went for our first obstetric scan of our baby. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant.

As the gynae pressed the ultrasound scanner on my belly, we saw our little baby for the first time. It was resting in one corner of the gestational sac. It was the most amazing experience. We saw its cute little hands and what looked like feet, and of course its head and what seemed like eyes. The doctor said the little fella was hiding in one corner and simply refused to come out from there. It seemed relaxed and was lying back against the sac. We also couldn't help but let out a gasp when we heard baby's heartbeat for the first time. At 166 rpm, it felt like music to our ears. We are also grateful that the gods have blessed us for the doctor said that baby was healthy and all seemed well.

Hubby and I were really amazed by the experience. Although I feel nauseous often and haven't been eating much, I am loving every minute of pregnancy. Hubby and I already feel strong attachment and love for our little precious bundle of joy.

I pray that baby and I will continue to keep in good health and baby will continue to grow normally and happily.

No comments: