Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

hah!

I've had a long day in school, even though it started late at 2 pm. I actually haven't blogged in quite a while, cos I've been so busy with everything. Not just work, but being a good sister, good girlfriend, good listener, good student, good housewife, good daughter, good (learner) driver, etc... And the list goes on. I guess I'm just stunned into silence by the neverending "goods" I have to be.

At this late hour and with my throbbing headache, one can hardly expect a very cheerful entry, but I shall try my best. For one, things aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I thought I'd be drained, irritated, irritatible, cranky, breathless, exhausted. But I'm not, at least not to the extent where I cannot function. On the contrary, I'm filled by a sense of peace, perhaps a little more than what I'm comfortable with usually. I don't usually thrive on peace. It makes me lazy. I don't work as hard as I ought to. Nor does it make me as conscientious as I want to be. (Coincidentally, my PC's wallpaper is also called "peace," but I digress.)

My sister commented recently that I don't seem as stressed now as I was in the last few semesters. Now, ironically, THAT is stressing me out. I feel like I'm going in a downward spiral to that place called sloth. Lazy, lazy me. Refusing to do anything beyond lying down on my sister's very new (and totally heavenly) couch. I don't even feel like baking the apple shortcake that I promised my friends. *sigh*

Btw, I went to Parkway Parade on Saturday, and was amazed at how different it looks now. Months of renovation, knocking and drilling have definitely paid off. It looks nicer, cleaner and more attractive. And the food outlets! Wow! (Hope I don't sound too sua ku... I haven't hung out there for a long time... hehe) Guan finally gave in to my obsession with Pastamania, probably just so that I'd stop gaping in wonderment and compulsively repeat "Pastamaniaaaaa" each time I see an outlet somewhere. That was by far the nicest evening I've spent with him ever since semester started, apart for that time when he came over to my sister's house and we watched and winced at Singapore Idol's first piano show together. (Oh, we support the beng lawyer wannabe, even though we were too cheapskate to waste 50 cents to call in to support him... )

There you go! My attempt at writing a cheerful blog entry....

No comments: