Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Monday, August 16, 2004

Quick post

Shall do a quick post before I get back to reading my journal articles so that I can satisfy my supervisor I have something workable.

It's the second week in school. Things are still pretty much calm; maybe it's the lull before the storm. Have been pretty busy for the past few weeks, cos was moving (and now have moved) to my sister's house in Jurong West. Her place is incredibly near to NUS, and coupled with my very empty timetable, this means I get more sleep compared to when I stay at Sengkang.

Intense pangs of guilt have been hitting me cos I haven't been working on my proposal. Argh. I wonder how I'm going to pull it off.
_________________________________

I saw some advert in the papers on Saturday about a feature on the best Asian blogger in Sunday's papers. I din see that feature, but if I'm not wrong, it should be the same gal whom one of my friends talked about the other time we were on ICQ. This gal is supposedly some part-time mass comm student and part-time journalist or something along that line. I've seen her blog. Pretty gal, interesting friends, interesting writing, interesting way of writing. I do wonder though, if it's cool or something to pepper one's work so liberally with expletives? (Consider rappers...) Hmm... Food for thought.

I'm no prude, trust me. I can swear like a man (just ask my boyfriend, hehe). Just that putting so much expletives on your own blog just doesn't do it for your self-image. Not even if you're a sweet young thing. Or perhaps even worse if you're a sweet young thing. Oh well, I guess swearing in public does nothing for your self-image either. I'm a goner, man.

Well, swearing is just plain rude lah, sometimes. You're abusing people's ears (unless of course, the other people around you can do a much better job). Anyway, for my own self-image and the dainty ears of lesser swearers, I'm trying my best not to engage in *that* activity. No, not even when I have tonnes of articles to read, compile, summarise and explain. Now, breathe (in) (out).

No comments: