Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Paranoia

Coming back from school after a great meeting with my thesis supervisor, I happily set down my laptop bag, took my machine out, and set it on the table so that it would cool. Two hours ago, I was in school surfing the net on my laptop, feeling very cool cos I've got a brand new wireless toy to play with. Little did I know that the *blasted* bench I was sitting on had some red ants that insisted on crawling into my laptop. I only found out when they miraculously appeared out of the crevices of the LCD screen. Small little red dots, just a few of them, but enough to scare me into thinking that my laptop has been infected. Where the *heck* did they come from? I even rubbed my eyes in disbelief. I hope I'm not schizophrenic or delusional.

So I sat there, waiting patiently for all the ants to peek out of their hiding places before I ruthlessly squish them dead as red ants. I evenly deviously decided that if they were hiding inside the hard disk (!!!!), I would fry 'em dead, man. I switched on my laptop and played music on it for more than three hours, so that my laptop would be on, and the heat will kill those darned insects. So F.I.R's eponymous album set the backdrop for the ants' funeral.

Right now, I run into the study every few minutes to make sure no more ants are left. I'm so paranoid that they will short-circuit my laptop. *hahaha*
_________________

I'm so relieved that all the school stuff are starting to straighten out. *whew* =)



No comments: