Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Friday, December 09, 2005

Majorly screwing up

The past three weeks have told a story of major screw-ups, breakdowns and scoldings for me. 2nd December would go down in infamy as the worst day of my worklife thus far. I had chidings, numerous meetings, a breakdown and a scolding all within the same day. Welcome to worklife.

Just when I thought things were looking a little up, I fell down while going out to lunch in this week's Monday and am now nursing a nasty bruise on my knee. And just when I thought things can only go up after reaching the lowest point, I made a wrong judgment call and got myself into more hot soup, only this time, it involves a higher place of authority in the land. *No, I'm not going behind bars* =) All these despite the best of intentions. Excuse my language, but I've since realised that besides really good social skills, one needs to learn how to cover his/her own ass. Especially if your work involves dealings with REALLY difficult people who just treat you like their servant and think they deserve it. The matter is not yet resolved. The matter will probably cause me to be suaned by a judge. Need to grow a really thick skin soon.

So I've been screwing up majorly on the workfront. Yes, I appear to have hit a bad patch in my worklife.

On the homefront, major changes too. Brother has just enlisted in army. Life's boring without him around. No one to play X-Box games with me. No one to scream at. No one to quibble with. Sigh. I *really* need to run away and have my holiday soon.

No comments: