Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Family day

Just got back from a short time out with my parents and brother at Bishan today. Went there to check out some shops, and do some shopping at Junction 8. There wasn't much to do or see at Junction 8, but I must say it's a great place to have a meal.... There're so many good restaurants there! In the end though, we ended up having dinner at the S11 coffeeshop next to Junction 8. Had bak kut teh, curry chicken and frog's legs for dinner. It was pretty good, although the frog's legs were too darned chewy... haha. The funny thing was, on the way home in the car, we suddenly heard a frog croaking! All of us heard it.. Haha, I tell you, all of us literally froze in our seats. =)

It's nice going out with my family, and looking at things to buy for them. I wanted to do some shopping, but didn't want to drag them around looking at things irrelevant to them. In the end, Dad bought a pair of shoes and Mom bought a nice white cardigan, while me and my bro didn't land any buys. Even though we were out for less than 3 hours, I think it was a really enjoyable time (save for the fact that my bored brother wanted to rush home to do his work).

Most importantly, I think the shopping trip at least did my parents some good, especially because they've been going at each other's throats recently. It just makes me happy knowing that they're enjoying themselves. My brother had to spoil the fun by throwing a tantrum, but amazingly, my dad didn't seem a least bit upset. Usually, he would get pissed off at anyone who's throwing a tantrum. On the way to Bishan, my dad even gave my mom a leg massage in the car, haha... (I was doing the driving, and Dad--the only other driver in the family--was in the backseat with my mom. Bro was next to me.) My dad was in such a good mood, I was even spared the usual criticism of my parking.

I think my driving's improving a little, but I think my parking still has loads of room for improvement. I hope to be able to park accurately in one move, without having to adjust my position. If you all know my dad, you would know he's a stickler for parking exactly in the centre of the lot. He'd sometimes bark at me for not being able to do that. I think I've inherited his 'neow-ness' about parking. My car would already be in the lot, but I would keep readjusting it till I get it right smack in the centre of the lot... Guess I'm under Dad's pressure to be accurate and quick. Sigh... Guess till I get there, I would still be criticised by Dad.

No comments: