Quote of the Day

Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.
Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray...
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.
-- Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Winding down

It's nearly 4 am in the morning, and I should be sleeping, hehe... But my brain's working really fast now, so much so that my head spins, so I'm trying to wind it down a bit before I sleep. I don't really want to get nightmares about my stats analyses.

Anyway, it's been four days since I last blogged, but it feels like one week. I haven't slept much I guess, so it feels like I've been up for a really long time. What have I been up to? Same ole', same ole'... I've been cooped up at home writing my thesis (save for Monday when I made a short trip to school). Feels like I'm learning some top martial arts skill and trying to write down the steps into a pugilistic manual, haha, except that I keep yakking with my siblings and watching the occasional TV.

The first draft for the entire thesis is done. Spent four days plus writing up the remaining sections (results and discussion), and revising the first draft of the Intro and Method sections according to my supt's comments. I think it looks credible enough, after all that complications with the results. Sigh, the things I sacrifice for work: beauty sleep (lack of results in acne outbreak, which is unfortunately the case now); outings with boyfren; outings with friends; TV (!!!!!!!); my weekend leisurely drives in Dad's car, etc. Fortunately, I still got food. Too much, I'm afraid... It's all showing on my ever-expanding posterior. =)

Actually got into a huge fight with Guanz just two weekends ago. I think both our work stress culminated in that one unfortunate fight. Usually, we resolve our fights fairly quickly, but this time, the repercussions of the fight are pretty serious... Let's just say Dad got wind of it, and Dad was a tad upset (no pun intended!).... Things are okie now, but it was really difficult concentrating on my SPSS (statistical analyses) when I had all that negative energy welling up in me.
----------
Aiyoh, my life is so boring. I'm sick of reading my own blog entries sometimes. Let's hope things perk up a bit after the thesis is handed up. =)

No comments: