I don't mean to rant and rave yet again, but after watching tonight's episode of 'The Amazing Race,' I can't help myself.
You see, I can't help but feel pissed off at the likes of Rob and Amber being in the race. What used to be good clean competition has turned into a scheming, manipulative game of cheating. The Rob-ber team has successfully turned my favourite reality show into a Survivor mini-series. And I REALLY resent that.
I actually have nothing against Amber, since she looks like this pretty harmless lady who is just subservient to her man to a fault, i.e., she seems to have no mind of her own. Rob, though, is just an evil, manipulative, arrogant, obnoxious, egostic, and worst of all, chauvinistic Machiavellian pighead! I think winning the million dollars in Survivor has made him sick in the head. He must still be thinking of all his winnings, and dreaming about the upcoming million, so that's why he's buying people off by the dozen in the race. I seriously think that one day, he'd even kill Amber to keep all the money for himself. Or better still, he'll pay someone to do it.
I guess seeing people being bought off so easily by Rob-ber touched a raw nerve. Call me old-school, traditional, backward, whatever... But a major pet peeve for me is seeing people lose their humanity and humility when they've got some money in their pockets (refer 'Donald Trump'). Don't get me wrong; I'm not the kind to advocate austerity drives (I spend money like water), but seriously, there ARE some things in the world that money simply can't buy. Things like integrity. Things like honesty. Things like humility. Things like love. In this time and age, however, anything and everything seems to be a saleable commodity. Com'on, you can even rent a boyfriend now in places like Korea, or rent a relative or two for your funeral in Japan.
Why have we humans degenerated to this extent? I honestly have no idea. Maybe it's the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment